Friday 30 December 2011

Collection 2000 Cream Puff in Cotton Candy and Lasting Perfection Concealer in Medium


I haven't bought anything from Collection 2000 for ages - I used to always buy their stick concealer and powder but I guess I just moved on to higher end stuff.  I needed some concealer for my under eyes (I'm getting dark bags!) and after seeing some positive reviews of the Lasting Perfection Concealer I decided to go for it, as it's only £4.19 from Boots so I thought if it doesn't turn out to be that great it doesn't really matter.  While I was there I also picked up Cream Puff in Cotton Candy and a pressed powder as it was on 3 for 2.  Apologies again for the slightly naff pics but as I said in my earlier post I'm relying on my Blackberry for pics at the moment!

First up:  Lasting Perfection Concealer - this really did cover my eyebags and I tried it on a spot that had appeared on my chin too and it covered both really well. It was easy to blend in and didn't glow through my foundation or anything weird like that.  While it doesn't last 16 hours really, it definately would last say, a day at work or a night out.  I'd definately recommend trying this, it's really good - my only criticism is that there isn't a huge range of shades, like if I had a tan, I don't think there would be a colour in the range for me and let's face it, my skin really isn't dark at all.  Another point is make sure you blend it properly, if you just dab it on and go you might look patchy later, but I'd expect that if I didn't blend any concealer.

Now on to Cream Puff.  I was really pleasantly surprised by this.  This sort of creamy matte finish seems to be really popular at the moment and the finish and colour on this was lovely.  The pink is actually quite similar to Topshop Lipstick in Brighton Rock that I showed you in November - I've actually put one on my top lip and one on my bottom and you can hardly tell the different apart from Cream Puff maybe has a slightly more matte finish.  It lasts quite well and leaves a powdery matte finish on the lips.  It also is heavily scented with synthetic vanilla, which I like, but if you're not a vanilla/sugar fan you might not (it wears off pretty quickly either way).  This was £2.99 and I'd definately buy again, and maybe try the other pink in the range.  Again, there's limited colours but I think there's only certain colours that would look good/stay in place nicely with this finish.


The powder I bought was the same as ever, just a standard pressed powder for finishing my make up through the day if I start to look a bit shiny.  I'd recommend trying all three of these products from Collection 2000, I was really pleased with them all.

Hope you have a great time whatever you're doing tomorrow night and happy new year!!

3 comments:

  1. SpaStore.in offers great discounts on leading International brands makeup, cosmetics, hair & skin care, fragrance, bath & body spa products, accessories, salon supplies & beauty gifts. Get 100% Authentic Products with Free Shipping and Cash on Delivery at your door step.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the collection 2000 concealer. The cream puff looks gorgeous really pretty colour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didnt like the collection 2000 concealer :(

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I read them all!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...