Thursday 22 December 2011

Joico K-Pak Deep Penetrating Reconstructor Treatment for Damaged Hair

Another hair product review here!  I've blogged previously about Joico K-Pak Intense Hydrator for dry, damaged hair here but I decided to go a step up and go for the Joico K-Pak Deep Penetrating Reconstructor Treatment for Damaged Hair as my hair is wrecked through having highlights, hardly ever getting it cut and heat styling a few times a week (I am trying to cut down on this, honest!).
First impressions is that packaging looks nice but is a bit boring. The product however, smells just like Calpol, you know the lurid pink medicine you used to take when you were a kid? It took me a sec to work it out but that's definately what it is! The product is white, a looks rich and thick - you don't need a lot of it. It turns much more runny on the hair and straight away you can feel it working, making your hair feel much smoother and less tangled. The instructions say to leave it on for 5 minutes and then rinse which is what I did.

My hair was really easy to brush through after washing, even when it was still quite wet which is really unusual for my somewhat dry, overprocessed hair. I left my hair to dry naturally and it definately wasn't quite as fuzzy the next day - after a bit of straightening my hair was left smooth and sleek without looking dry at the ends as it normally does. My hair tends to unstraighten itself throughout the day but really pleased to see that it didn't with this one.
It is quite rich so I wouldn't recommend using it every time you wash your hair, maybe once a week but I'd definately recommend this product as a nice hair treat, especially if you're a bit cruel to your hair like I am (hello backcombing, straightening and curling!)

I bought this from feelunique.com for £12.75, including delivery.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting, I read them all!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...