Friday 7 August 2015

My wedding hair, make up and nails.

I know, I know another wedding post - I'll get over it soon honest! I just wanted to show you my wedding hair and make up. I didn't get any good photos of my bridesmaids hair and make up unfortunately but they were done by the same people and both of them looked gorgeous!

First up the hair - this was done by Hair by Lydia and Hannah who I really would recommend! I was really pleased with my hair and Lydia was really friendly and good at what she does. I had one hair trial for a totally different style but we didn't have time to fit another in on the wedding so she literally turned up on the day and did my hair without trying it first. I had some human hair extensions in from Paul's Hair World too for a bit of extra volume and thickness.


Here's what I had for my wedding hair trial - I decided quite near the wedding that I didn't want it all pinned up after all though I did like the hairstyle:
My make up was done by Sophia Georgiou, again I would 100% recommend her and will definitely be getting her to do my make up again for a special occasion (or two!). I had a trial with Sophia where she really listened to what I wanted (I wanted a glam, fully made up look rather than a traditional dewy, barely-there bridal look, without it looking OTT) and I think she nailed it. Sophia recently did some training with the Kardashian's make up artist, Mario Dedivanovic, which I won't deny I was pleased about! Say what you like about them, but their make up is always on point. The make up lasted well into the night as well!
And finally my nails. I was really indecisive about how I wanted my nails for my wedding, even during my appointment. I knew I probably wanted them pink and definitely not French tips, that I probably wanted some crystals but not too many and that I wanted them a tapered shape. So...yeah, nice and exact then! Luckily the nail tech at Matrix Nails & Beauty was fab and came up with a design I really liked!


I was seriously impressed that I only lost one crystal through the whole time and that was 4 days into the honeymoon - I wasn't careful with my nails either and swam in the sea or pool every day. I love the look of acrylics but I never seem to want to keep them on, I'll get them put on then remove them without ever getting them infilled. I don't know why but I do it every time!

When you're getting your wedding hair and make up done, I'd definitely recommend getting as much inspiration as you can and thinking about what will go with your overall look and wedding style. If you're planning a wedding chances are, you'll be browsing Pinterest. I found Pinterest and Instagram really helpful to work out what I wanted. Check out my Wedding Inspiration board. 

Trials are always a really good idea too - it helps you decide what you want, gives you confidence in the person doing it and makes sure that you're happy with the way you're going to look on the big day. One of my friends had trials with 3 make up artists before she found one she was happy with.

Shop around and get price comparisons as well as the costs can vary ridiculously - I'm not saying go for the cheapest MUA and hairdresser you can find by any means, just make sure you're not getting ripped off, that it fits in with your budget and that you're happy with the end result - and make sure that what you want is included. I wouldn't be seen dead without false lashes on so I wanted to make sure that they were included in my wedding make up and they were as standard.

13 comments:

  1. You look lovely, I especially love your makeup, it's gorgeous! Hope you had an amazing wedding :) xo

    ohhelloitshannah.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Hannah, loved my make up, Sophia is fab at what she does :-)

      Delete
    2. A GREAT SPELL CASTER (DR. EMU) THAT HELP ME BRING BACK MY EX GIRLFRIEND.
      Am so happy to testify about a great spell caster that helped me when all hope was lost for me to unite with my ex-girlfriend that I love so much. I had a girlfriend that love me so much but something terrible happen to our relationship one afternoon when her friend that was always trying to get to me was trying to force me to make love to her just because she was been jealous of her friend that i was dating and on the scene my girlfriend just walk in and she thought we had something special doing together, i tried to explain things to her that her friend always do this whenever she is not with me and i always refuse her but i never told her because i did not want the both of them to be enemies to each other but she never believed me. She broke up with me and I tried times without numbers to make her believe me but she never believed me until one day i heard about the DR. EMU and I emailed him and he replied to me so kindly and helped me get back my lovely relationship that was already gone for two months.
      Email him at: Emutemple@gmail.com
      Call or Whats-app him: +2347012841542

      Delete
  2. wow I love the hair, make-up and nails. I bet you looked wonderful on your wedding day!

    the-renaissance-of-inner-fashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent blog writing…found a similar article in this blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. do you know the nail polish color they used?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great! this site is so far I feel best, this site has a lot of interesting content, it is worth a visit. wigs in toronto

    ReplyDelete
  6. They have a list of approved caterers and valet parkers which you are required to choose from. The event coordinator from the wedding venues were very professional and cool enough to let us come in and tour on a Saturday while another wedding was setting up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you! It is an important topic to me :)
    details click here >>>> Daily Health Care Tips

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing information. Wonderful blog & good post.Its really helpful for me, waiting for a more new post. Keep Blogging About Nail Technician Courses USA !!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Some genuinely wonderful information, Glad I discovered this. I must say that you’ve done a superb job with this. And i am glad reading your article. Best of luck for the next! Please visit my web site wedding hair and makeup Chicago

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I read them all!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...