Monday 24 September 2012

Too Faced La Creme Lipstick in Juicy Melons

I was lucky enough to get this for my birthday after hankering for it for quite a while.  Here's how it's described:  "Indulge your lips with rich creamy color, drenched with luscious, hydrating moisturizers including white lotus flower and power peptides. Moisture has never been so pretty! Lotus Flower Extract: Hydrating, soothing and lip-conditioning with environmental protection provided by antioxidants. Power Peptides: Conditioning, smoothing and firming for the delicate lip area. Indulgent color: Pigment-saturated, one-swipe formulas drench lips with sexy, pure color. Vegan friendly. Paraben-free."

As you can see, the packaging is really pretty, both the box and the tube it comes in.  In terms of the product, this reminds me a little bit of YSL's Rouge Voluptes, which I'm a huge fan of, but slightly waxier, I don't find it slides across the lips as easily either.  It's also not quite as thick so it looks a bit dragged on and sheer unless your're careful, and it will highlight any dryness on your lips.  The colour is describe as a pink coral which is right, I'd say it veers more towards the coral than the pink.  It's definitely one for when you've got a tan and it is a bit similar to MAC Impassioned.  It also smells really nice, kind of like wine gums or something fruity like that.
 

This is a really nice lipstick on all counts and if you're looking for a cheaper version of a Rouge Volupte then you can't go wrong with this, at £18 it's by no means a bargain basement product and I have to admit I do think it's a little bit overpriced for what it is.  I think Too Faced are pitching themselves at the price point/branding of Benefit even though their ranges aren't as bigged up or on a beauty counter with staff.  I remember the first time I came across Too Faced, I saw their Pink Leopard Bronzer* online and fell in love even though I've never actually bought it - just looked at it again now and I still think it's really pretty!


1 comment:

  1. Hope you had a great birthday!

    Lauren,
    Laurensbeautydepartment.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I read them all!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...