Saturday 8 September 2012

Revlon Colorstay Longwear Nail Enamel in Passionate Pink - does it really last over a week?



I've tried Revlon Colorstay foundation so why not these new Colorstay polishes which claim to offer a "gel like shine and up to 11 days of shatterproof colour" - when used with the Colorstay base and top coat.  So, do they last this long?  Well, my answer is no.  If I'm totally honest I noticed tipwear after about a day and whilst they certainly didn't chip, the tipwear looked a bit scruffy.  It had caught a few chips by day 3 so I removed it.

Passionate Pink is a bright Barbie pink that borders on neon.   Application was ok, this isn't a quick-drying polish by any means so I wouldn't do this if I was going on a night out or something, it would be a mani I did when I had time to sit and wait for my nails to dry. The finish on this is very gel polish-like, it's got an almost rubber finish to it. I also think the range of colours is pretty good, I'd wear a lot of these:



These cost £7.99 each from Boots*, remember the base coat and the top coat which you're meant to use for optimum wear are also £7.99 each so you're looking at over £20 to shell out initially but obviously you can use the products again and the base/top coat with other colours.  The bottles are slightly smaller than a normal Revlon polish bottle.


I liked this polish and as I said, a lot of the colours hit the spot for me, but I don't think it lived up to anything like it's 11 day claim which is the main reason I bought this.  It has a nice finish and does last reasonably well but it wasn't the revolutionary product I expected.

Also here are some outtakes from when I photographed these, a nosy little pug tried to get involved!


 

4 comments:

  1. Love the pink color and your pug is so adorable!

    Xaimarys ♡
    www.ajumbled-mess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great colours! Love the lug, he wants to be famous :)

    Lauren,
    Laurensbeautydepartment.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww look at that little doggy face, and a massive long tongue lol.

    Love the pink polish as well.

    Stories of an English rose

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I read them all!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...