Sunday 8 April 2012

Some more YSL - Rouge Volupte 9 (Pink Caress), La Laque 42 (Ultraviolet) and Volume Effet Faux Cils Shocking Mascara

This was a bit of an impulse/emergency purchase.  I got loads of Trafford Centre vouchers as a leaving present when I left my last job, I hardly ever go to the Trafford Centre and on the rare occassion I do, I really struggle to find anything I want (which is always a huge surprise, I can spend money wherever I am usually!).  I'd tried to spend the vouchers on MAC stuff in Selfridges but the colours I wanted were out of stock, heated rollers in Boots but there was a problem with the vouchers at the till, a dress in Dorothy Perkins but they had every size but mine and in a mad panic as it was about to close I hit the YSL counter in John Lewis to repurchase my YSL Rouge Volupte that had ran out. 




Except it turns out I bought the wrong colour!  It's no biggie though as I quite like the colour I bought (Pink Caress), though it is a smidge darker than pinks I'd usually wear and it's definitely different in comparison to my trusty Opera Rose that I normally would buy.



L-R:  Pink Caress, Opera Rose

I also bought Shocking Faux Cils Mascara in black as this is something I've wanted to try for a while since I love the original but never got round, with mascaras I like to only have one on the go at a time so they don't dry up.  I hate wasting things!  The brush on this is pretty big, and like the original Faux Cils this is a really wet mascara.  It's also quite strongly perfumed which I always find weird in a mascara.  I do like it though, it's not that much different to Faux Cils but it does give a bit more oomph, really strong and thick black lashes, it also gives plenty of length too. I think there is the tendency for it to go clumpy but as long as you're careful it shouldn't do.  If I'm totally honest, I don't hate lashes that are a bit clumpy.  Spidery is a no, though.


This purchase came with a free full size nail polish (Ultraviolet), a bright purple that leans towards pink and actually reminds me a bit of OPI Louvre Me Louvre Me Not.  The saleswoman tried to talk down as being good for toes but I actually like and would wear on my hands.

6 comments:

  1. I love the trafford centre! Never struggle to spend money there! Sounds you like had a bad shopping trip but the lipstick is beautiful.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find stuff goes out of stock pretty quickly and it's all a bit souless! Still, got some YSL goodies and boyfriend ended up doing quite well out of my vouchers, I bought him some stuff cos I just want rid of them so I don't have to go back there again..really not a fan, prefer the city centre really.

      Delete
  2. The lipstick is gorgeous! I really want to try the Shocking mascara!x



    styleandstarbucks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm such a fan of YSL and their packaging! The color looks amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also have the ysl mascara and really love it altough the formula seems so dry out quite fast, most mascara's i owned lasted longer. Too bad you got the wrong shade, but this is a nice pink too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the YSL lippie!! We go for the same colors!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I read them all!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...