Wednesday 7 March 2012

Revlon ColorStay Foundation



My Revlon PhotoReady was about to run out and I was toying with buying Estee Lauder Doublewear Maximum Cover as I wanted something full coverage and long lasting, I've liked the normal Estee Doublewear and liked it.  But when I trieded Estee Lauder Doublewear Maximum I just wasn't that keen it just seemed a bit cakey and powdery for me.

The packaging on Revlon Colorstay is ok, it's a glass bottle and as people always mention with this there's no dispenser or nozzle.  I might have to buy a pump from MAC as it's really irritating me - I either can't get enough foundation and have to keep dipping my finger in the pot (ew) or I try and pour it and loads goes everywhere.  I've kind of worked out a coping mechanism whereby I turn it upside down with the lid on, then turn it back the right way round and get foundation from the lid but this is ridiculous, and gets a bit messy.  At £12.99 it's not a dirt cheap foundation so I can't see how this wouldn't be added!

But enough moaning about the packaging, on to the foundation.  I actually quite like this foundation and it certainly does what I ask of it, it's fairly fully coverage so covers up a multitude of sins without me having to use a concealer and it lasts all day without having to touch it up.  It's quite matte but I get the feeling it might look cakey or obvious if you had really dry skin.

I'm happy to use this foundation until it runs out but I think after that I might go back to my Revlon PhotoReady or try something different altogether, it's not my favourite foundation I've ever tried but as an everyday one to use for work etc it's fine.

3 comments:

  1. I used to use this and liked it. At the time I used a sponge applicator so it wasn't too bad I jus covered the bottle and tipped it upside down and back again. Havn't used this for a long time now though but in general I always remember liking Revlon products!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've tried this before, can be so messy. Used to hold my finger over the opening and tip upside down, not a time saving foundation!

    http://life-of-a-london-intern.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, it's starting to really annoy me now - I hate to think how much product I'm possibly wasting too...

      Delete

Thank you for commenting, I read them all!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...