Saturday 17 March 2012

Pretty sure this comparison has been done to death but...Deborah Lippmann Bad Romance vs Revlon Facets of Fuschia



I wanted Facets of Fuschia a while ago but could never find it.  Bad Romance is one of my favourite polishes, but isn't always totally straightforward to get hold of and can be pricey so a readily available dupe for half the price?  I'm there!

They're not quite the same though, Facets of Fuschia (left, below) has a lighter base than Bad Romance and took 3 coats to become opaque as oppossed to Bad Romance's two.  There was also more glitter in Facets of Fuschia, both the larger and smaller pieces so this gives a more "purple" and dense appearance, which is down to personal preference really!  I don't think the average eye would spot any real difference in these though, it's only because I know they're different and I'm scrutinising them.


So, while it's not exactly the same it's similar enough that I'd recommend buying it if you're struggling to get hold of Bad Romance or don't want to spend £14 on a polish.  In saying that I do prefer Bad Romance, I just think it's a bit more subtle and I like the darker base.  I suppose you could always do a bit of strategic glitter moving to get a more sparse look if that's what you were after?

Do you have either (or both) of these polishes?  What do you think?


4 comments:

  1. I don't own either as I'm not a fan of purple polish but I have to say that Bad Romance is flipping beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - I've got the red one too (which I'm not as keen on). DL does some gorgeous polishes but similar, more affordable ones, are becoming more commonly available which is always good!

      Delete
  2. I don't have neither of them, but they look so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I give kudos to Revlon for creating such a fabulous dupe :-) I might just buy it! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I read them all!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...