Sunday 11 March 2012

RetarDEX Toothpaste and Oral Rinse






When it comes to teeth, I like them white - and I mean, like Simon Cowell white - so I'm always looking for ways to whiten and maintain a bright smile.  I've had my teeth professionally whitened twice, used Crest strips, always use a whitening toothpaste and mouthwash, floss, don't smoke or drink coffee/red wine and visit my dentist every 6 months. So when I was asked if I'd like to try Retardex toothpaste and mouthwash - clinically proven to whiten teeth in 14 days - I was definately up for it.

Firstly, my boyfriend laughed at the name...he's immature.  Secondly, the mouthwash bottle is the exact same size and shape as my bottle of acetone I use to remove my nails polish so I keep having a momentary panic that I've picked the wrong bottle up!

The toothpaste tastes quite clinical, kind of like the mouth rinse you have at the dentist, but not unpleasant.  It doesn't really foam much, which I prefer, and it's low abrasion.  This toothpaste definately made my teeth feel really clean all day (I used it with an electric toothbrush FYI).  The mouthwash is unflavoured so kind of just tastes like water, which is quite unusual; it does come with a mint flavour sachet that you can add if you prefer minty fresh breath (I do and I added it, it was fairly minty at first but the taste kind of wore off after a few days).


In terms of whitening, I didn't notice a dramatic difference in my teeth and I used this for about 3 weeks but in fairness I didn't have a lot of staining or discolouration to my teeth to begin with so perhaps it's a bit unrealistic to expect it to remove stains and whiten when there's nothing there to remove!  I think if you did have staining to your teeth, this would be a good product to try but don't expect to wake up with bright white gnashers on day 1!

I'd actually happily buy the toothpaste in future as I really did feel like it cleaned my teeth really well.  I'm not so sure about the mouthwash, it did its job exactly the same as the mouthwashes I used previously (usually Oral B) but I think I prefer a minty taste rather than a plain one.

RetarDEX Toothpaste is priced £6.15 for 75ml and RetarDEX Oral Rinse is priced at £5.10 (250ml) or £8.15 (500ml).  Both are available from Boots, Superdrug, selected Sainsburys, Waitrose, Tesco and from dentists and pharmacies. 

5 comments:

  1. We use to always be giving this out on dental prescriptions so I guess it has some worth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I liked it as a product but not having a minty mouthwash felt a bit weird!

      Delete
  2. AHAHAHAH Well I must be immature though because the name made me laugh too ahah! I can't seem to find a proper whitening toothpaste, mouthwash or anything, so disappointing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to see your post. it make us realize that we achieve our goal of amazing white teeth without ever worrying that we're at any kind of risk.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whitening toothpastes usually don’t make that big difference. I use them sometimes but when I really want to whiten my teeth I use Stella white strips.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I read them all!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...