While I was struggling with my contact lenses last weekend, it got me thinking about what I'm looking forward to once I've had my vision corrected, here's my top 10:
- Not having to remember to take lenses or glasses when I go on holiday or for a weekend away.
- Being able to go running or to the gym and feel safe because I can see.
- Not having to mess with contact lenses for nights out.
- Being able to drive without glasses or lenses.
- Being able to see at work - I do a lot of computer work, photography and networking and sometimes having poor eyesight is a real hinderance to this.
- Not having to worry about it raining when I'm wearing my specs.
- Feeling comfortable rather than glasses falling down or lenses stinging all the time.
- No more squinting to see things which, according to my Mam, is a surefire way to develop crows feet and wrinkles.
- Saving money on buying glasses and contact lenses for the next 20 years or so - I've worked out that even taking into the account the cost of surgery, the cost of glasses and lenses over the next 20 years will be a lot more.
- Being able to do my hair, make up and trying on outfits more easily. It's so annoying when you think you've done your hair properly, then you put your glasses on and it looks horrific!
You can find all of my posts about my laser eye surgery experience here. If you have any questions just drop me an email (email@example.com) or a tweet to @LucyBATB - alternatively give Freedom Vision a call.