Friday 26 March 2010

OPI Nail Laquer in Teal The Cows Come Home

Since falling in love with Givenchy Vernis Please Bleu, and having my heart broken when I realised it didn’t come out until May, I decided to look for an alternative to it and stumbled upon OPI Teal The Cows Come Home. And I think that, from the pictures I’ve seen of Givenchy it looks pretty similar! It’s a lovely bright turquoise with a slight sprinkling of fine silver (?) glitter in it, giving it an almost-metallic look, you know that type of polish that OPI do really well. The pics here are of three coats, no top coat – after two coats there was still VNL but other than that, no application problems. The only thing I didn’t like was the smell, it almost smelled like burnt hair or plastic, not a smell I’ve ever come across in an OPI polish before?

In some pics I’ve seen of this it had a greeny tinge and it can look like that in dim lighting. A bit of sunlight though and it really pops a bright blue. The polish lasted 3 days before the dreaded tipwear began. All in all I really like this polish and can’t wait for summer in the vain hope that it will be sunny and bring the colour out!

4 comments:

Thank you for commenting, I read them all!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...