Saturday 10 April 2010

L'oreal Matt Morphose Souffle Foundation


I’m a bit confused (again) as to why L’oreal have randomly brought out a mousse-type foundation a few years after a lot of other brands did. But never mind, they're the multi-national cosmetics company raking in millions, not me. I’m biased anyway as I don’t really like mousse foundations much.

Can’t really comment on the packaging as this was just a tester but from what I have seen of the packaging it doesn’t look like anything particularly fancy - the colour I had was 140 Beige Natural.

On first try it was as I had expected; very thick, matte, not particularly easy to work with (the fact that when I rubbed it in, it kind of pilled into little balls and flaked wasn’t great) and pretty heavy coverage. I didn’t think the finish was very natural at all but in fairness the shade was a little too dark for me so that may have contributed to this.

Don’t think I’ll be buying the actual full size of this…

4 comments:

  1. I got exactly the same sample as you, and I agree. It was very cake-y and heavy.
    I'm not a big fan of the mousse foundations in general though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the feel of this but when I looked in store, the lightest shade was far too dark for me, as usual. Shame.

    By the way, I've nominated you for a blog award, check out my blog!

    http://sheprimpsandpreens.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. this gets a thumbs down from me also!
    tried an in-store tester, same ball flake effect on my hand! :/
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a fan of mousse foundations either, I don't get why companies keep bringing them out!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I read them all!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...