Saturday 4 December 2010

Trying to help my dry, wintery skin out with MAC Moistureblend (and some other stuff)




My skin goes a bit haywire as soon as it gets cold - the cold weather combined with central heating really makes it dry out, especially on my nose.

This year, as well as drinking more water to hydrate my skin, I've really been trying to sort my skin out because the dry flaky look is so horrible! I've found that for me, a combination of exfoliating with Sanctuary Youth Boosting Warming Microbrasion Polish, followed by Sanctuary 5 Minute Thermal Detox Mask, Clinique Superdefense and Dermalogica Hydrating Booster is keeping my skin looking moisturised.


I've then been using MAC Moistureblend foundation to ensure that my skin is staying moisturised through the day.


Moistureblend is a creamy compact foundation (it reminds me almost of concealer), that I'd describe as a medium coverage, though it is buildable to cover the odd area of concern. It does need set with powder though, as you do run the risk of looking a bit shiny! I apply this with a sponge as I didn't think fingers would be hygenic and I think using a brush would waste a lot of product.

Unfortunately, I think this has now been discontinued as I couldn't find it in Selfridges and the website only shows NC20 left (which is what I bought - bit too light for me, even without fake tan, but with powder and bronzer I don't qute look like a ghost!), which is a shame as I think this works for me. If this is the case, I think I'm going to end up going back to DiorSkin Nude again for life, it's still my favourite foundation and it has a high water content, which also works for my skin.


Does anyone know if MAC Moistureblend has been discontinued? Have you seen it anywhere recently? How does your skin react to winter?

1 comment:

  1. I was recommened Moistureblend but haven't gotten around to buying it yet so I hope it's not been discontinued! I'll let you know if I ever manage to get some :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I read them all!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...