Sunday 23 August 2015

Repairing sun damaged hair


Obviously I got back from holiday a few weeks ago and my hair, which was already not in the best condition after my problems with bleaching up to platinum last year (basically all the top of my hair snapped off and it's only just now getting to the point where it's at my ears...eek!) is feeling a bit dry.

We went swimming every day, mostly in the sea, and it was so hot all the time so couple that with the fact my hair's highlighted again and I feel like I need some serious hair repair!

Luckily, I was sent some L'Oreal Professionnel Serie Expert Absolut Repair Lipidium Conditioner which is for really damaged hair.

It smells clean, rather than overly scented and is so easy to use, you just pop a small amount (you definitely don't need loads) and rinse out well, you don't need to leave it on or anything. Perfect if you're in a rush but you still need to pamper your hair.

This makes my hair look and feel so much nicer, I'm trying to avoid using heat stylers on my hair these days, and my hair actually looks fine unstraightened/uncurled after using this which is excellent! I've even managed to get rained on, and once my hair dried off I actually got loads of compliments as it had dried full of volume without frizzing (normally it's just fuzzy and rat-taily if I get caught in the rain). Word of warning though, don't apply it to your roots. I did this the first time I used it and I found my hair got greasy at the roots quite quickly, hi dry shampoo! Since then though I just apply it to the ends of my hair and it's fine.

Remember though, prevention is better than cure - when you're on holiday or out in the sun/sea  make sure you protect your hair with leave in conditioner or protection spray (or better yet a hat!), comb it it gently with a wide tooth comb when it's wet and keep it tied back if you can to avoid tangles. Use a nourishing hair mask regularly too to keep your hair in tip top condition.

You can buy the L'Oreal Professionnel Serie Expert Absolut Repair Lipidium Conditioner from justmylook.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting, I read them all!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...