Wednesday 9 May 2012

Ojon Damage Reverse Restorative Shampoo & Conditioner and Damage Reverse Restorative Treatment Plus


 
As a fake blonde with an aversion to haircuts and a love of heat styling, it's safe to say my hair isn't in the best shape and it somewhat damaged.  I haven't had the best experience with Ojon shampoos/conditioners previously, I tried the Ojon Hydrating Thickening Shampoo and Conditioner last year and didn't really like it so when I was asked if I wanted to review some Ojon products I was a little bit hesitant.  I was sent the Damage Reverse Restorative Shampoo & Conditioner and Damage Reverse Restorative Treatment to review.

The packaging of the Damage Reverse range is pretty typically Ojon and personally if I saw it on a shelf and didn't know what it was, it wouldn't catch my eye but that's just me, I like bright colours!  They both smell really nice too, kind of a faint hint of citrus and just quite fresh. 
 
The shampoo is really rich and creamy and lathers well, the conditioner just feels like a normal conditioner.  Unlike the last Ojon shampoo/conditioner I tried I could actually get a brush through my hair after use, which is always a bonus - however I will say that when I only applied conditioner to the ends of my hair and not more through my hair it was hard to brush at the roots afterwards.  After using this and drying my hair, my hair does seem to behave and hang better, rather than frizzing out; though in fairness I did just recently get my hair trimmed (for the first time in months) so there's less frizz anyway, and more volume as I had shorter layers cut in.  I found I had to wash my hair a bit more often than before as my roots got greasy more quickly than normal, but it did moisturise my hair well and this was probably why.  The products did rinse properly out of my hair.


I used to use an Ojon treatment similar to this (Ojon Damage Reverse Restorative Treatment Plus) regularly a few years ago but I don't any more and I'm not sure why.  As my hair's pretty long now (even with the recent trim), the hair at the ends is old and has a tendency to frizz out so a treatment like this is a pretty good idea once a week.

It's solid in the pot and you take a teaspoon sized amount, warm it in your hands to make it an oil and then apply to your hair, leave for at least 20 minutes (or overnight if your hair's really damaged) and then wash out.  It is a little bit messy and you'll have to wash your hands afterwards, but you'll survive, honest.  I usually just apply it from the middle of my hair down as I don't really like applying moisturising products to my roots in case I end up in grease city, then tie my hair up until I go in the shower.  This has a lighter scent than previous Ojon treatments - thank god, because I never really liked the smell of the older one.
 
Overall I liked these products, would purchase them in future and recommend them if you have damaged hair - I don't think it will repair your hair but will make it look better and appear less fuzzy.  They are expensive but if you're someone who spends on haircare anyway - I tend to kind of flit between buying standard products and higher end stuff, there's everything from Batiste to Kerastase in my collection -  then these are worth a try, available from http://www.ojon.co.uk/.

2 comments:

  1. Great review! I definitely need to invest in some decent shampoo for my frizzy, heat damaged hair! Thanks for sharing :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been using the ojon restorative treatment too, and I absolutely love it. It smells great and its so moisturizing without leaving much of a residue

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I read them all!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...