Friday 18 May 2012

Models Own Hed Kandi Ibiza Mix Nail Polish



I know these have been around for a little while now but since I'm currently in Ibiza - I've probably just touched down on the White Isle at the time of posting - for a long weekend I thought it'd be appropriate to show you Ibiza Mix.

It's definitely a layering polish for me, but it's a really interesting mix of different colours and sizes of glitter.  For some reason I thought it was black in the bottle - it's not, it's glitter in clear polish.  So, anyway, here's some pictures of a quick and dirty nail look I did with Ibiza Mix over Models Own Snow White.  I love it, it reminds me of those giant gobstoppers you used to (and probably still can) get.

 
People noticed this nail look and commented on them, even my boyfriend who generally remains fairly oblivious to my nails (he's used to it all by now) said that he liked it and it was unusual, in  good way.



I love the different colours and sizes of glitters in this, it makes it just a little bit different to other glitter polishes and topcoats around.  It's a fun polish and looks like confetti.  In terms of application, it was fine, what's in the pictures is just one coat of Ibiza Mix, it's quite runny and if you apply it sort of thickly (compared to a normal application for me anyway) you get a lot of glitter out.  I found that thinner coats didn't really work as glitter was applied quite sparsly so you still ended up layering more on.  I'm impatient, I just want my nails dry once their done.  My Seche Vite has gone all gloopy and strange though so I just had to wait.

I'm pleased I bought this and if you like glitter then I'd say get this as it's another string to your glitter bow, if that makes ANY sense at all.

6 comments:

  1. I love this polish, it's fabulous over black too =)

    nevermindsuzi.blogspot.com

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks really pretty, I want! I used to love those giant gobstoppers as a kid, there's and old fashioned sweet shop in a nearby town to me that sells them x :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the look of this. It definitely is different but in a good way. Following :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this. Its really pretty. Such a good idea to layer it over white! Might have to go and buy myself a white polish now, so I can do mixes like this too... xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how glitter polishes look over white nail polish, really need to go out and get a good one! Lucky you in Ibiza, jealous much?!

    joanne from jimmilou.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this on you! I reckon it would look great over baby pink too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I read them all!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...