Saturday 16 August 2014

Something a bit different - RHS Flower Show Tatton Park

Ok as someone who is - and I admit this 100% -just not that into gardening and knows very little about plants other than "that one looks nice" going along to the RHS Flower Show Tatton Park is probably a slightly odd choice for me!  I decided to go to get a bit of inspiration for my wedding flowers and to enjoy a sunny day out in Cheshire but I actually really enjoyed it!

Obviously it's full of plant, flower and gardening supply stalls (a lot of stuff gets sold off on the Sunday in the last hour apparently!) but as well as that there's all sorts going on from demos, to food and drink, furniture and a variety of garden displays developed by all sorts of different groups.  It was a lovely day out and I got lots of ideas for things I like, things I definitely don't and things I didn't even know existed!

There was a bit of a carnival theme going on too.  We just happened to be wandering around looking for a certain stall and we spotted all carnival dancers with huge butterfly wings dancing in a procession to moving, it was so great and well done to the dancers who made it look effortless when it definitely wasn't.

Here are some of my fave flowers that I spotted for the day, I'd quite like to incorporate these into my house or wedding somewhere:





And here are just a few of the fab garden displays that were on show at the event, the stories behind the displays were so good and it all fitted together really well.  There were quite a few displays that local schools had created too and they were so imaginative!





I have to say I really didn't think I would enjoy it as much as I did - I'd recommend it as a day out, maybe with family or someone garden minded.  I'm actually thinking about going again next year already and taking some other family members with us!


You can find more information about the RHS Flower Show Tatton Park (including dates and tickets for next year) here - the show runs in a variety of other locations too.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like an awesome day out and a bit unique too! I love the photos. The carnival dancers sound brill too! :-) xx

    Helen | Helens Fashion & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I read them all!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...