Wednesday 10 December 2014

BaByliss Boutique Salon Soft Waves Wand



I've been looking for a larger barelled tong for a while because I really like loose waves that don't look too over-styled or ringlety so when I was offered the chance to try out the new BaByliss Boutique Salon Soft Waves tong I was excited!



It has a 34mm tourmaline-ceramic coated barrel, much wider than a normal tong, has five variable heat settings (ideal for me as I try and repair my hair after 9 month of bleaching it platinum and over-processing my hair), it heats up in 30 seconds and it doesn't have a "clamp" that holds your hair so no kinks in your hair and a natural curl that just looks like your hair falls like that (#IWokeUpLikeDis).  Packaging is gorgeous too as you can see!

It comes with a little heat proof glove that stops you burning your hand as you wrap and as I mentioned it has no clamp so you wrap your hair from the top down and hold it in place which at first I didn't like because I wasn't used to it at all but now I've done it a few times it's really quick, these come with clear instructions too.  Here's a how to vid from BaByliss that shows what I mean perfectly:
 

Here's the result on my hair - this was a lazy Sunday where I still wanted to look nice but not like I'd put loads of effort in:
 
 
This has quickly become my go-to hair curler for a natural, everyday look (sorry hot rollers and my other curling tongs) - it's really quick and easy to do my hair.  Throw in a bit of backcombing and it's perfect for an effortless evening look too!  I find the curls easily last all day without dropping if I add a bit of hairspray.  The fact it doesnt have a clamp adds to the natural look too - you can easily just fool people into thinking you just have naturally nice wavy hair.
 
One thing I would say is that it's really only suitable if you have long hair, anything above your shoulders would struggle to fit around the barrel more than once I think, it is big!
 
The BaByliss Boutique Salon Soft Waves Wand costs around £30 - for more information visit or to purchase visit http://www.babyliss.co.uk/boutique  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting, I read them all!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...