Sunday 9 February 2014

New discoveries...

Over the last month or so I've made some new beauty discoveries that I want to keep in my repertoire:


Batiste Dry Shampoo in Oriental* - I love Batiste and use it a couple of times a week, it's a godsend when I don't always have time to wash my hair in the morning.  I was in Boots stocking up when I spotted they'd brought out some fragrances I haven't seen before.  Oriental is my favourite out of the new ones I've tried though it hasn't quite beat Batiste Wild (the leopard one) as my overall fave.  They're currently on Buy 1 get 2nd half price at Boots*.

Weleda Skin Food* - I tried this as a sample before Christmas (a 10ml sample which I'm only just about to finish as you only need to use a tiny amount) and fell in love.  It's a rich moisturiser that isn't greasy which is perfect for putting on overnight to combat the cold weather which, combined with heating etc, tends to dry out my skin.  I actually thought this would be way more expensive than it is but it's only £9.95 for 75ml and as I said it lasts ages as you only need a tiny amount!

Tresemme Heat Defence Serum* - I've been toying with the idea of going platinum blonde (eek) or at least much lighter and I've been watching loads of YouTube videos about the process of getting your hair platinum and taking care of it.  Anyway, I saw this mentioned in one of the videos I watched and decided to give it a go.  It's a good serum that protects your hair up to 230 degrees without making it greasy at all - important when you consider how hot straighteners go now!

Orly Bonder* - I'm a bit hit and miss when it comes to using a base coat, I sometimes find them a bit of an unnecessary step when I'm in a rush to get my nails dried and out the door.  I got this in my Boots Beauty Advent Calendar as a sample and I've fallen in love.  It seems to reduce chipping and stops any staining.  Plus if you're using a glitter it's way easier to remove it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting, I read them all!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...