Wednesday 2 July 2014

Couch to 5k - how am I doing?


In the last few years I've put on a bit of er...should we say "happy weight" and it really does need to come off, especially since I'm going to be getting married at some point in the next few years.  I want to get a bit more toned as well which is where exercise is going to have to come in.

I'm not a natural exerciser and I never seem to get the bug with exercise that other people get which keeps them going to their weekly classes and going for a run every night.  It's also the reason that over the years I've probably wasted a ton of money on gym memberships that I've never used properly!  I start off with great intentions and sort of taper off.

So I need a method of exercising that doesn't involve a massive outlay of money...hence, I've decided to try running and got these great running shoes from jdsports.co.uk - they're Nike Free 5.0 TR Fit 4 Print in White/Purple and they're so much better than what I've been running in previously.



They're really, really light and flexible without compromising on the level of cushioning they give the soles of your feet on impact.  I can't explain how comfy and lightweight they are! I love the colour and pattern on these too, bright and colourful trainers are way better than something plain and boring.


They're really breathable and cool on the feet too which is important when you're running.  I'm not doing so great with my couch to 5k at the min, my fitness is actually better than I thought it's just my legs and muscles that can't keep up which I know will get better in time!  I think rather than couch to 5k, which gradually builds up your running/walking splits until you're running a full 5k in quite a rigid programme, I just need to get out and run a bit more and really push myself as much as possible.


Overall, I'd really recommend couch to 5k if you're a bit more disciplined than I am.  It's got me off the couch anyway which is a great step!  I would definitely recommend these trainers if you're looking for a great pair of shoes to run in, especially for a first pair - the Nike Free range do some that are even more natural feeling than these, it must be like bare feet!  These are totally lightweight, don't constrict my feet in any way but still absorb the shock from running on pavement etc.

I've gotten really into trainers now, there are so many nice ones on jdsports.co.uk - definitely worth checking out if you're looking for a new pair.

5 comments:

  1. These look amazing! My boyfriend has just bought a pair of 5.0s but his aren't as nice and girly as these : )

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the colour/pattern on these and now I've got a better pair of trainers I have no excuse not to go running really...

      Delete
  2. I've started doing Couch 2 5k too - and even though I'm on week two I'm starting to push myself that little bit more, even though I hate it. Loving your trainers too - I always have to have bright trainers for the gym/running too xx

    Who is She

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seem to get to the end of week 3 and falter! I just need to do it because it's such a great way to keep fit.

      Delete
  3. When I went to nike to get running shoes they told me those ones (just because I wanted them so much) were more for the gym than running, I wish I had grabbed them now however my pegasus runing shoes feel fab.

    Emily xx
    www.beautybyemily.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I read them all!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...