Monday 1 February 2010

Valentines Day Nails #1 – OPI Heart to Resist Review

It’s the 1st of February – 13 days to go til Valentines day - so thought I’d bring you a review of OPI Heart to Resist. Heart to Resist is a clear polish with a tiny bit of multicoloured glitter in it and lots of small red sequin hearts, perfect for the Valentines theme!

First point – it’s pretty hard to apply; try and do a thin coat and you get no hearts, try and get loads of hearts and you get a hell of a lot of polish on your brush, scraping off the excess on the side of the bottleneck means you lose the hearts. Fishing for the hearts and positioning them isn’t easy either!
But on the plus side, the polish does actually dry quickly (even where it’s thickly applied due to the difficulty of heart fishing) and to a shiny finish – I didn’t actually need a topcoat, though after the pics were taken I did apply a pink glitter topcoat and it lasted for days.

I think it would actually look pretty good over a red or a pink – but for a much easier time, buying some heart shaped sequins and sticking them on afterwards would be a lot easier and look much less haphazard. A pretty but not particularly functional polish.

I have some more Valentines nails/nail art to post in the run up to Valentines Day, so please keep your eyes peeled!

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty! I have on (cheap one) like this and I hate fishing for those hearts... So I don't think I'll need this one anymore. Yay, one polish I do NOT want. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I read them all!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...